An Internet Dictionary
The computer industry and the Internet are adding new words everyday to our language. Learn the meaning of these new terms in words you can understand.
- A Tip Before You Begin
- This Internet Dictionary is easy to use. To find what you are looking for, click on the first letter of any word you want to find.
- If you need more information, click on the highlighted words that appear in this dictionary. You will jump to another definition or a window will pop up in this screen.
- When you are through viewing the pop-up window, click anywhere in
this main screen to make it temporarily disappear. To permanently close it, click on boxed X in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up window.
- A popular index of World Wide Web sites categorized in a hierarchy of subjects and topics. Visit Whatis.com, an online dictionary, for more information on Yahoo!
- Year 2000
- Also called Y2K. The year 2000 problem will create problems for older computer programs written with only two spaces to indicate the year. For example, 1999, was written "99." When the Year 2000 occurs, the computer will read "00." Business and computer experts believe this problem may affect many computers around the world interfering with medical treatments, billing, payroll and other programs if it is not fixed.Visit Whatis.com, an online dictionary, for more information on the Year 2000.
Go back to the top of the page.
Look up words beginning with X.
Look up words beginning with Z.
Parents & Teachers