An Internet Dictionary
The computer industry and the Internet are adding new words everyday to our language. Learn the meaning of these new terms in words you can understand.
- A Tip Before You Begin
- This Internet Dictionary is easy to use. To find what you are looking for, click on the first letter of any word you want to find.
- If you need more information, click on the highlighted words that appear in this dictionary. You will jump to another definition or a window will pop up in this screen.
- When you are through viewing the pop-up window, click anywhere in
this main screen to make it temporarily disappear. To permanently close it, click on boxed X in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up window.
- Also called a hyperlink. A connection or jump between two pieces of information on the World Wide Web. Links exist for images, icons or words. Links create the World Wide Web by allowing instantaneous jumping from one part of the Web to another part of the Web.
- To install software programs on a computer so they work.
Go back to the top of the page.
Look up words beginning with K.
Look up words beginning with M.
Parents & Teachers