An Internet Dictionary
The computer industry and the Internet are adding new words everyday to our language. Learn the meaning of these new terms in words you can understand.
- A Tip Before You Begin
- This Internet Dictionary is easy to use. To find what you are looking for, click on the first letter of any word you want to find.
- If you need more information, click on the highlighted words that appear in this dictionary. You will jump to another definition or a window will pop up in this screen.
- When you are through viewing the pop-up window, click anywhere in
this main screen to make it temporarily disappear. To permanently close it, click on boxed X in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up window.
- An abbreviation for Graphics Interchange Format. GIF is a format to save image files including line-art images,icons, logos and graphs. Web pages may include GIF files. Visit Whatis.com, an online dictionary, for more information on GIF.
- A plain text information system developed by the University of Minnesota. Unlike the World Wide Web, It does not have any graphics, sound or video files. Visit Whatis.com, an online dictionary, for more information on gopher.
- A word meaning pictures, images and icons.
- An abbreviation for Graphical User Interface. A computer screen containing pictures icons and images to help the user move around by selecting them.
Go back to the top of the page.
Look up words beginning with F.
Look up words beginning with H.
Parents & Teachers